To help students prepare for online education, the Youth Emergency Preparedness Council (YEPC) organized a free webinar about distance learning. District officials, FUSD teachers, and Stanford Online High School education experts addressed our community’s questions and concerns as we transitioned into the new learning environment. Through a presentation and panel format, we discussed strategies, tips, and resources that students can use in the upcoming school year!
Thank you to all our guest speakers who made this event possible!
• FUSD Director of Secondary Education Zack Larsen
• Stanford Online High School Leadership Instructor Janet Keating
• Stanford Online High School Science Instructor Jim Doherty
• Director of Online Learning at Davidson Academy Stacy Hawthorne
• Linguistics Professor at University of Washington Emily Bender
• Founder of the RealTalk Project and Teacher Amreen Karmali
• Washington Hospital Psychiatrist Seema Sehgal, M.D.
• English teacher at KHS Jennifer Teguia
• Spanish teacher at WHS Juliana Danner Vera
• English teacher at AHS Ryan Howard
• English teacher at IHS Nicole Marsella-Jensen
• Chemistry teacher at MSJ Sai Kumar